After a lot of leaks and teasers, Oppo has finally announced its new mid-range Android smartphone R1 in the Chinese market. Priced at 2,498 yuan ($410), the new smartphone comes with a decent design and some nice specifications.
Oppo R1 features a 5-inch 720p display, 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 8MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, Android 4.2.2-based Colour OS (the same version, which is present in Oppo N1) and 1GB of RAM. The phone also comes with 16GB of internal storage, 2410 mAh battery, and the usual set of connectivity options.
The phone can now be ordered from the company’s online store in China but there is no word on the global availability.
Oppo R1 key specifications
- 5-inch 1280x720p IPS display
- 1.3GHZ quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor, PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- Android 4.2
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage
- 2410 mAh battery
- 142.7×70.4×7.1mm, 140 grams
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, HSPA
- 3.5mm audio jack, MicroUSB 2.0
- Android 4.2.2 based Color OS