Chinese smartphone maker Gionee has launched its new Elife E7 and Elife E7 Mini smartphones in the Indian market. Set to be available in the coming weeks, the Elife E7 will sell for INR 26,999 (2GB RAM model) and INR 29,999 (3GB RAM model), while E7 Mini has been priced at INR 18,999
Featuring a 5.5-inch full HD display, Elife E7 comes with 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage and microSD card slot.
At this pricing, the phone will be competing with the Google’s Nexus 5, which also sells for similar pricing and specifications barring the lower-res camera on the Nexus.
Gionee Elife E7 key specifications
- 5.5-inch full HD display (1920x1080p) with Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974 processor
- 2GB of RAM & 16GB of internal storage/ 3GB RAM & 32GB internal storage
- 16MP rear camera, 8MP front camera
- 2500 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 with Amigo 2.0 UI
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, DTS Audio
- Colours:Meteor Black, Ceramic White, Blue, Green, Orange and Red
Coming to Gionee Elife E7 Mini, the phone packs a 4.7-inch 720p display, 1.7GHz MT6592 octa-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera and Android 4.2 with Amigo UI.
The phone will be competing with the upcoming octa-core smartphones from Intex, Micromax and Lava, all of which are scheduled to release smartphones powered by MediaTek MT6592 in the coming year.
According to Gionee, India is the first market worldwide to get E7 Mini.
Gionee Elife E7 Mini key specifications
- 4.7-inch HD IPS display
- 1.7GHz MT6592 octa-core processor
- 1GB of RAM
- Android 4.2
- 16GB of internal storage
- Rotating 13MP camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi, NFC
- 2100 mAh battery
- 3.5mm audio jack, MicroUSB 2.0
India, second home to Gionee
Gionee stated at the Elife E7 launch event today that India is like a second home to the company and the next flagship smartphone will be simultaneously launched in China and India. The company also revealed that it is aiming to become the top smartphone maker in the country in the next five years.