Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 gets a price-cut in India
After a limited period price-cut for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 in October this year, Amazon has now reduced the price of Fire HD 8.9 forever (it looks like that but we are waiting for an official announcement).
Originally sold starting INR 21,999, the tablet can now be grabbed for starting INR 17,999 from Amazon.in.
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is a decent tablet but an ageing one, particularly when Amazon has released Kindle Fire HDX in many countries. It features a dual-core TI OMAP4470 processor, 8.9-inch 1920x1200p display, Wi-Fi support, Dolby Audio, and front camera. Unless you are especially in the market for a large tablet, you are better off with Nexus 7 (2013).
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Pricing
- 16GB model: INR 17,999
- 32GB model: INR 21,999
- Custom Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers
- Built-in dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi.
- Front-facing HD camera
- Over 10 hours of battery life
- Easy-to-use e-mail, calendar, and contacts for work or home
- Amazon’s Whispersync technology automatically saves and synchronizes a customer’s last page read, bookmarks, notes and highlights across their Kindle apps and Kindle devices.
- Bluetooth and HDMI support