After the Verizon variant, Motorola has now started rolling out Android KitKat update for T-Mobile variant of Moto X smartphone. The update went live late-Thursday and is now available over-the-air.
Update: Motorola has now released Android 4.4 KitKat update for AT&T version of Moto X smartphone too. The update went live late-Friday and is now available over-the-air. The change-log is same as T-Mobile, which you can find below.
You will automatically be notified once the update is available for your Moto X, however you can also manually check for the update by going to Settings << About phone << System updates.
- Version: Android 4.4
- Software build for T-Mobile: 140.44.3.ghost_row.Retail.en.US.
- Software build number for AT&T: 140.44.5.ghost att.ATT.en.US
T-Mobile and AT&T Moto X Android 4.4 update full change-log
- Android 4.4 KitKat: Restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, colour emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, & smarter power use
- Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad
- Enhanced “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control
- Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to colour, exposure, contrast and more.
- New version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging
- Added a new “Find my phone” command to Touchless Control
- Enhanced support for NFC Host Card Emulation (HCE), to improve experiences such as contactless payments, loyalty plans, transit passes, card access and more.
- Added support for Square credit card reader
More details here and here.