Swiftkey 4.3 leaves beta, now available to all
Swiftkey has released the 4.3 version of its official keyboard app on Google Play today. Released in beta form last month, the new version brings three new keyboard layouts, undocking support and more.
The existing Swiftkey users will receive this version as a free update via Google play, rest of you can buy Swiftkey from Google Play, Amazon Appstore and Android Pit. The company is also offering 50% off on the list price in the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, Russia and New Zealand as part of Google’s Autumn promotion. The India price of the keyboard is INR 99.
Talking about the new version in detail, it includes the new Layouts for Living – full, compact and thumb keyboard, which allow consumers to choose the keyboard layout best for their device or need.
“Layouts for Living make it easier and more comfortable to type, whatever you’re using and whatever you’re doing. The choice is yours – your SwiftKey, your way. We received an overwhelmingly positive response from our beta testers and we’re excited to bring SwiftKey 4.3 to all our users,” SwiftKey co-founder and CTO Ben Medlock said in a statement.
- Choose from 5 sizes to get your keyboard the perfect size for you
- Undock your keyboard and position it where you choose on your screen
- Rearranged and optimized secondary (123) and tertiary (symbols) layout, based on extensive user testing
- A new theme: previously SwiftKey and SwiftKey Tablet had two different themes called “Dark”. Both are now available on phones and tablets, with the tablet “Dark” renamed as “Forest”
- Extended layout for tablets, including left and right cursor keys
- All 4 cursor keys (up, down, left, right) are now available on the secondary (123) layout on tablets – phone users can still choose to have cursor keys on the main layout
- 10-inch tablets can choose to have a central numpad in the thumb layout in landscape
- Combined phone and tablet app to give a seamless experience across all device sizes
- New language model: Canadian English is now supported – English (CA)