US based budget smartphone vendor Blu Products has announced the launch of a new smartphone earlier today. Dubbed as Blu Studio 5.5, the phone comes with a 5.5-inch FWVGA display and will be released in 30 markets over the coming weeks.
Other features of the phone include 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek processor, Android 4.2.1 and 2250 mAh battery. The phone also packs a 5MP rear camera, VGA front camera, dual-SIM support, 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. You can check out full specifications later in the post.
“We believe in the trend for larger screens, it lets you see and do everything on your smartphone as a heightened experience, and at the same time it’s becoming a fashion statement. We are doing it in style with plenty of colors for our loyal fans to choose from, in addition to our dedication and focus on performance,” said Samuel Ohev-Zion, CEO, BLU Products.
A re-branded Gionee smartphone?
From the looks of the Blu Studio 5.5 seems like a re-branded Gionee GPad G3 smartphone, which has just went on sale in India. We are yet to get a confirmation but it does seem like a re-branded GPad G3, as the specifications and design match perfectly. Also, Gionee does not operate itself in Americas, which is the primary market for Blu Products.
Blu STUDIO 5.5
- Network: 2.5G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1900, 850/2100
- Display: TFT Capacitive Touchscreen, with 5.5 inch 480 x 854 pixel LCD
- Processor: MediaTek MT6589 Quad-Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- OS: Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- Camera: Rear – 5.0 megapixel, autofocus with LED Flash, Front – VGA, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, image stabilization
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro
- Memory: 4GB internal memory + microSD slot expandable up to 32GB, 1GB RAM
- Dimensions: 157 x 79.5 x 9.5, 184 grams
- Battery: Li-Ion 2250mAh
- Colors: Slate-Grey, Cyan-Blue, Neon-Yellow, Fashion-Fuchsia, Ceramic-White
Availability: Blu Studio 5.5 will also be available throughout 30 countries in Latin America, including Brazil and Mexico with several operator and retailer partners.