Microsoft has announced that it has launched the official Xbox Music app in Google Play today. The app, which initially packs limited features, will only work with Xbox Music Pass subscription (costs $9.99 per month or $99.99 for a whole year) and offer unlimited music streaming.
From what we were able to find, Xbox Music is currently available in only 22 countries, so, Android app will also work in these supported countries. Check out the web version of the service here and if it works for you, you probably live in a supported country/ region.
Coming to Xbox Music Android app, the app will give users access to Microsoft’s entire music library as well as features like playlists, radio, and top charts.
Xbox Music Android app features
- Stream ad-free music from a catalogue of tens of millions of songs
- Add songs, albums, and playlists to your Xbox Music collection and access them from other device
- Create playlists that sync across your phone, Xbox 360, PC, tablet, and the web
- Listen to music while using your Android phone
- Coming soon: download your music for listening offline
Xbox Music on Android competes with Google Play Music: All Access, Spotify and other similar streaming services.