HTC Butterfly S official, packs Snapdragon 600 & Ultrapixel camera
As expected, HTC today took the wraps off Butterfly S smartphone at a press event in Taiwan. An upgraded version of the company’s original HTC Butterfly, the smartphone offers significant improvements in various departments.
The new HTC Butterfly S runs on Jelly Bean and is powered by 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor. The phone features a 5-inch 1080p full HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot.
This is not all, Butterfly S also packs a 3,200 mAh battery, a huge upgrade over the original, along with 4MP Ultrapixel rear camera and 2.1MP front camera. The camera customisations like Zoe are present on the smartphone.
In terms of the connectivity, the phone comes with quad-band HSPA , Wi-Fi a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared and GPS. The new version of Sense UI – 5.0, which was introduced alongside HTC One, is also coming in the Butterfly S.
HTC butterfly S will be first released in Taiwan for NT$22,900 (US$766) next month. There is no word on international availability right now.
HTC Butterfly S key specifications
- 1.9GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor
- 144.5×70.5×10.6mm, 160 grams
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSD card slot, 25GB free Dropbox cloud storage
- 5-inch 1080p Super LCD 3 display with 440PPI
- HTC Boomsound, Beats Audio, Sense Voice
- 4MP Ultrapixel camera wit BSI Sensor, HTC Imagechip, F2.0, HDR
- 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, DLNA, NFC,
- 3200 mAh battery
- GPS, Glonass
- microSIM card slot