XOLO has announced that that Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for A800 smartphone is now available online. The update can be downloaded from the XOLO website and easily applied on the smartphone.
A800, which was originally launched in December 2012 with Android 4.0, has already got a major bug-fixing update in February this year. The latest update is however a much bigger one. It takes the phone directly from Android 4.0.4 to Android 4.1.1.
Here are some quick instructions to apply the update; you can find detailed steps in the PDF below.
- Download the update from XOLO website
- Transfer the downloaded file to your phone memory by connecting the phone to your PC/ Mac.
- Disconnect the phone, open XOLO Care app on your phone.
- Go to update, then check for software update
- The phone will find the update file from your phone memory and ask for you to continue.
- Hit continue and the phone will complete the process and you are done.
According to XOLO, the new Jelly Bean update brings performance improvements to the smartphone. You can also expect to see support for Google Now, enhanced notifications, Project Butter improvements and a lot more goodies.
If you have updated your XOLO A800, do let us know about the experience in the comments.
Update: Looks like, XOLO has misinformed in its tweet, the update is for Android 4.1.1, not 4.2 as Idrees has also pointed out in the comments. We have also confirmed the same from build.prop file from update.zip. Here is a screenshot of the “About Phone” after the update.