Samsung has started rolling-out the Android 4.1 update for Galaxy S2 smartphone today. The update is available both over-the-air and via Kies app.
Samsung Galaxy S II was originally launched in 2011 with Gingerbread and since has already received Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update and the latest update taken the phone to Jelly Bean. As all updates are rolled-out in phases, don’t get anxious if you don’t get it right-away.
Here are the update details:
- PDA – i9100XWLSK
- CSC – I9100ODDLSA
- Android Version: 4.1.2
Samsung Galaxy S II Jelly Bean update change-log:
- Android 4.1 with Touchwiz – Google Now, enhanced notifications, Direct Call, Smart Stay, Pop-up Play, new Nature UX similar to Galaxy S III.
- Richer content & services
- Social hub to be removed
- Real-time mail delivery won’t be supported, but email client will still support EAS, IMAP and POP access.
- Email, SMS and SNS in social hub can be used a separate apps
- Polaris Office, Photo Editor, and Video maker will be downloadable via Samsung Apps.
If you have updated your Galaxy S II smartphone to Jelly Bean, do let us know in comments.
Thanks Adithya G, Rohan