Fly is the latest entrant in the Indian smartphone market. The company has released features phones in the past, but this is the first time, we have seen the company introduce smartphones in the country. Although, we did find some smartphones listed on the company website, none of them were ever announced officially.
Fly Mobile today announced the launch of three Android smartphones at a press event in New Delhi. The phones have been priced starting INR 4,500 and will be available in the coming days.
The smartphones introduced by Fly Mobile include F40, F51, and F45s. Let us talk about the specific smartphones, Fly F40 features a 4-inch HVGA display and is powered by 1GHz processor. The phone runs on outdated Android 2.3 and is the cheapest model from the company.
- 4-inch capacitive display with 480x320p resolution
- 1GHz single-core processor
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 3.2MP rear camera, VGA front camera
- Dual-SIM support
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM, 2G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi. micro USB
- 256MB RAM, 190 MB of usable internal memory, microSD card slot
- 1400 mAh battery
- Price: INR 4,500
On the other hand, Fly F51 comes with a 5-inch WVGA display and 1GHz dual-core processor. The phone also packs Android 4.0, and 1800 mAh battery. On the down-side, there is no 3G support.
- 5-inch capacitive display with 800x480p resolution
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 5MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 2MP front camera
- Dual SIM support
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM, 2G, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi, micro USB
- 512MB RAM, 149 MB of usable internal memory, microSD card slot
- 1800 mAh battery
- Price: INR 7,790
The last of the three models, Fly F45s features a 4.5-inch qHD display and is powered by 1.2GHz dual-core processor. The phone runs on Android 4.1 and comes with 1GB of RAM.
- 4.5-inch capacitive display with 960x540p resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 12MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 3MP front camera
- Dual SIM support
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, aGPS, 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 4GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 2050 mAh battery
- Price: INR 12,500
As such there is nothing exciting about any of the Fly smartphones, in line with other launches from home-grown Indian mobile phone companies; these are too re-branded Chinese products. Fly Mobiles has not even been aggressive on the pricing front, so we don’t see them succeeding in the already crowded smartphone market in the country.