Samsung Galaxy S II Plus now available in India for INR 22,900
Samsung India has started selling its Galaxy S II Plus smartphone in the Indian market. Priced at INR 22,900, the phone is currently available on Infibeam.com and is expected to become broadly available in the coming days.
Originally announced in January 2013, Samsung Galaxy S II Plus packs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus WVGA display, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera and 1650 mAh battery.
The smartphone has hardly any difference with original Galaxy S II apart from the fact it runs Android 4.1 out of the box and has a Broadcom CPU instead of Exynos. The phone might seem like a decent deal for those of you looking to grab a smartphone around INR 22-23,000, but it will have a tough time competing with Sony Xperia SL, which is available around INR 21-23K at various online stores in the country and packs much better specifications.
We would have liked to see the phone priced below INR 20,000, which would certainly have made a better value for money. At this price, we would recommend Xperia SL over S II Plus.
Samsung Galaxy S II Plus key features
- 4.3″ WVGA (480×800) Super AMOLED Plus
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 8 GB Internal Memory
- 1GB RAM
- Expandable Memory up to 64 GB
- Standard Li-ion 1,650 mAh battery
- FM Radio
- 8 Rear Megapixel camera with LED Flash
- 2 Megapixel Front camera
- 2G Networks GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G Networks HSPA21.1Mbps
- Accelerometer, Geo-Magnetic, Light, Proximity, Gyro Sensors
- Micro USB 2.0 port, 3.5 mm jack
- 1.2 GHz Broadcom BC28155 chip processor
- NFC, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, WiFi Direct
- 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.9 mm, 121 g