Amazon brings Kindle Fire HD 8.9 to more countries, reduces price in US
Amazon has announced that it is releasing its Kindle Fire HD 8.9 tablet in more countries across the globe. The tablet will now be sold in UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan. The company also revealed that it is reducing the price of the tablet in the United States. Amazon Kindle Fire HD will now be sold starting $269 in the country.
“As we expand Kindle Fire HD 8.9” to Europe and Japan, we’ve been able to increase our production volumes and decrease our costs. Across our business at Amazon, whenever we are able to create cost efficiencies like this, we want to pass the savings along to our customers,” said Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Kindle.
Originally announced last year, Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 comes with 8.9-inch 1920x1200p display with 254PPI, 1.5GHz OMAP4470 dual-core processor, 16/32 GB of internal storage, Wi-Fi, front camera, microUSD port, microHDMI port, and Bluetooth.
Here are some of the other features of Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 tablet:
- Custom Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers for crisp, rich sound.
- Built-in dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi.
- 10 hours of battery life.
- X-Ray for Movies, X-Ray for Textbooks, Immersion Reading, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.
- Kindle FreeTime
Updated prices for the US market:
- 16GB Wi-Fi only version (with special offers): $269
- 16GB Wi-Fi only version (without special offers): $284
- 32GB Wi-Fi only version (with special offers): $299
- 32GB Wi-Fi only version (without special offers): $314
- 32GB LTE version (with special offers): $399
- 32GB Wi-Fi only version (without special offers): $414
- 64GB LTE version (with special offers): $499
- 64GB Wi-Fi only version (without special offers): $514