Sony has announced that it will release its flagship Xperia Z in 60 markets globally this week. Company however was not so forthright about the details on these markets.
Originally announced at CES, Sony Xperia Z features 5-inch 1080p display, Android 4.1, 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 13MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.
“Sony’s flagship smartphone, Xperia Z will roll out in stores worldwide from today. Since it was announced in January, Xperia Z has won 13 awards and received the widest ranging of any Sony smartphone to date with 140 sales channels in 60 markets across the globe. Both products combine premium specifications with the best of Sony technology, entertainment, design and connectivity,” Sony noted in a press release.
Sony Xperia Z Key features:
- Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm, 146 grams
- IPX5/7 (Water-resistant) & IP5X (Dust-proof)
- 13 megapixel Exmor RS camera with Auto focus and flash
- 2 MP, Exmor R, front facing camera (1080p)
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 5-inch display, 1920×1080 pixels, 16,777,216 colour TFT, Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- RAM: 2GB
- Flash memory: Up to 16 GB
- Expansion slot: microSD card, up to 32 GB