ZTE announces Grand X IN, an Intel-powered ICS smartphone
Intel-powered smartphones are finally showing in numbers. After we are reported that Google’s Motorola unit is planning to its first Intel-powered smartphone on Sep 16, ZTE has announced its first Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone with Intel Inside.
Dubbed as ZTE Grand X IN, the smartphone comes with Atom Z2460 processor, HSPA+ connectivity, 4.3-inch 960x540p display, 8-megapixel camera and 1,650mAh battery. The smartphone will go on sale in Europe starting next month. There is no word on Asian launch.
It is very unlikely that the smartphone will be released in India as the Chinese manufacturer ZTE hasn’t really jumped in the Indian smartphone arena as its counterpart Huawei, which has started launching self-branded devices. We hope that it changes with Grand X IN.
ZTE Grand X IN Specifications:
- Intel® Atom™ Processor Z2460
- HSPA+ 21Mbps support with Intel® XMM™ 6260 Platform
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- RAM 1GB, ROM 16GB/4GB, Ext. microSD 32GB
- 4.3”, QHD (960×540), 16M, TFT, Capacitive
- 1650 mAh, Li-Ion
- 8Mpx AF/Flash + 0.3Mpx Front Camera
- GPS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 2.1 + A2DP
- Accelerator, Gyro, Compass, Proximity, Light
- Dolby, FM Radio
- DLNA, 1080p Rec., 1080p Play
- NFC, FOTA, HD Voice, Dual Mic
- 127 x 65 x 9.9mm chassis, 140.8g weight (with battery)
“The Grand X IN is ZTE’s first flagship smartphone in Europe to feature Intel Inside, and we look forward to building our partnership with Intel. The handsets in the ZTE Grand portfolio are quality devices focused on providing a great level of service and, with the inclusion of Intel’s technology in the Grand X IN, we have provided a handset with enhanced capabilities, reliability and ZTE has nearly 10 years experience of smartphone research and development and commits 10 per cent of its annual revenue to R&D,” said Ao Wen, Vice President of Europe Operations for ZTE Handsets, in a statement.