Samsung Galaxy Camera official; packs Jelly Bean, 21x optical zoom lens
After many rumours, Samsung has finally made its first Android camera official at IFA. Dubbed as Galaxy Camera, it comes pre-loaded with the latest version of Android – Jelly Bean and a powerful 1.4GHz quad-core processor.
Samsung has stated that Galaxy Camera features a 21x optical zoom lens, 16M BSI CMOS sensor, and 4.77-inch HD Super Clear LCD.
Company notes that the new camera features a ‘Smart Pro’ technology, which is actually a series of modes. Using the easy-to-navigate menu system, users can choose from a series of preset scenario options which will automatically adjust the camera’s settings in order to capture the perfect photo.
The Samsung Galaxy Camera also includes a set of 35 photo editing features through the ‘Photo Wizard’, similarly ‘Movie Wizard’ allows users to create and edit videos easily from the touch screen.
The Korean manufacturer has also added an ‘Auto Cloud Backup’ feature, which will automatically save photos into the cloud via Samsung’s AllShare the instant they are taken.
The Galaxy Camera will be released in two connectivity options: a 3G and Wi-Fi version or a 4G and Wi-Fi version.
Samsung Galaxy Camera Product Specifications
- Image Sensor: 16.3 effective megapixel 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS
- Lens: F2.8, 23 mm, 21x Optical Zoom Lens
- Display: 121.2 mm (4.77″), 308 ppi, HD Super Clear Touch Display
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Network: 4G, 3G (HSPA? 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-Core processor
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory: 8GB ? memory slot : micro SDSC, micro SDHC, micro SDXC
- Video Output: HDMI 1.4
- Voice Control, Slow Motion Video, S Planner, S Suggest
- Google Mobile Services
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40, Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: 1,650 mAh
- Dimension (WxHxD): 128.7 x 70.8 x 19.1 mm
- Weight: 305g
“The GALAXY Camera opens a new visual communication era and shifts a paradigm in communication. With the growth of social networks and the prevalence of smartphones and tablets, people today communicate faster than words. As we increasingly articulate our experiences through pictures and videos the GALAXY Camera has been created to lead the way in this new era of visual communication. Communication becomes more vivid and lively with high-quality images and instant sharing anywhere, anytime,” said JK Shin, President of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics, in a statement.