Lava today became the first manufacturer to announce the launch of an Intel powered Android smartphone in India. Earlier showcased at Mobile World Congress, Lava Xolo X900 will be available in India starting April 23 for INR 22,000.
Although Lava Xolo X900 does not come with a dual or quad core processor, the single core 1.6GHz Atom Z2460 processor inside this device packs some serious juice. In other features, Lava Xolo comes with a 4.03 inch display with Android 2.3, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera with flash, 1.3 MP front camera and 16GB of internal memory.
“Through XOLO X900, we are happy to bring to the Indian market a device that addresses the needs of those for whom speed and performance matters. After our success in feature phones with over 10 million happy customers in under 3 years, XOLO will be a differentiated player in the fast-growing smartphone segment. The initial reviews of XOLO X900 have been very positive and independent benchmarks clearly point to the fact that when it comes to speed and performance, XOLO X900 is the gold standard,” said Vishal Sehgal, co-founder and director, Lava International, in a statement.
XOLO X900 full specifications
- Dimensions: 123mm x 63mm x 10.99mm; Weight: 124 grams
- 4.03-inch screen with 1024x600p resolution
- 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2460 processor
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.3MP selfie camera
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system
- Wifi b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS