Samsung has announced another budget Android smartphone Galaxy Pocket today. It will join Galaxy Y and other entry-level models in its Galaxy portfolio. Galaxy Pocket would be available in Italy starting from March, and will be gradually rolled out to Europe, CIS, Latin America, Southeast and Southwest Asia, Middle East, Africa, and China.
Featuring Android 2.3, Galaxy Pocket comes with 2.8 inch display, 832MHz processor, 2MP camera, 3GB internal memory, FM Radio, and 1200mAh battery.
“With the Samsung Galaxy Pocket, we are building on the features we know our customers enjoy and get the most out of. This new device adds further breadth to the choice of smartphones we currently offer and provides a smartphone experience for even more customers at an affordable price,” said Simon Stanford, Vice President, UK & IRE Telecommunications & Networks Division, in a statement.
There is no word on pricing of the smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Pocket full specifications
- 832MHz single-core processor
- 2.8-inch LCD screen with 240x320p resolution
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system
- 2MP fixed focus rear camera and no front camera
- 3G, 2G, Wifi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- 3GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 1200 mAh removable battery
- Samsung Touchwiz UI with Samsung apps, Samsung Kies, Social Hub, ChatOn, and more
- Dimensions: 103.7mm x 57.5 mm x 12 mm; weight: 97 grams