TWRP 2.0 Touchscreen Recovery RC released
Recoveries are a very important part of anyone dealing with rooting or flashing custom firmware or doing other modifications on Android devices and most of the recoveries use the hardware keys to navigate around menu options. But in the case of lack of hardware buttons, one was left with no option and then button based navigation is always boring when user has a touchscreen device. To make that situation change, Team Win started working on a touch based recovery – also known as – Team Win Recovery Project; the released candidate of this recovery image has been released today for mass consumption.
This RC comes with official support for over 15 devices including the button less Amazon Kindle Fire. You can find the full list of supported devices later in the post.
TWRP 2.0 Touchscreen recovery includes all the usual options that you find in one of most popular ClockworkMod recovery by Koushik Dutta. It is now available for download at TeamWin’s website.
- HTC Evo 3D (CDMA)
- HTC Sensation
- HTC Thunderbolt 4G
- HTC Evo Shift 4G
- HTC Evo (CDMA)
- HTC HD2
- B&N Nook Color
- Motorola Photon
- Motorola Atrix 4G
- LG Optimus One
- HP Touchpad
- Google Nexus S
- Nexus S 4G
- Viewsonic GTab
- Epic 4G Touch
- Amazon Kindle Fire
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
- XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
- Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
- Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
- Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)