Sony Ericsson to start Android 2.3.4 update roll-out for Xperia phones
Sony Ericsson has announced that it will start the roll-out of Android 2.3.4 update for 2011 Xperia phones very soon. The update was earlier pushed only to Nordic countries, will now reach to global buyers along with added features.
The phones which are going to receive this update are:
Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia ray, Xperia active, Xperia neo V, Xperia arc S and the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.
In India, we have eight phones selling currently, and the update for these should start in a week or so. Exact time-frame has not been announced by Sony Ericsson till now. A similar time-line would be followed for other countries too in case of unlocked Xperia units.
- Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia functionality for enhanced like, share and discover abilities.
- 3D Sweep Panorama functionality
- 16x video zoom
- The software upgrade will enable consumers to turn their Xperia smartphones into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock multimedia station.
- Gesture input – text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next
- WiFi DLNA
- Native Screen capture support