Nexus S Android 2.3.6 update new build rolling out
Google has started rolling out a newer build of Android 2.3.6 update for Nexus S, after the previous build was pulled after several issues. The newer GRK39F build does not seem to be creating problems.
As the update is rolling out OTA, you will soon get a notification on your device to download the update else you can follow the following instructions to manually update your Nexus S to Android 2.3.6 now.
First, you need to be on GRJ22 build to update manually, else just wait for the OTA.
- Download the update file.
- Update it to update.zip
- Move it to the SD card root using anything
- Switch off your phone
- Switch on by pressing Volume Up + Power
- Select Recovery
- When the exclamation sign and triangle comes, press Power and Volume Up buttons until you see the recovery screen.
- Select Apply SD card Update.zip
- Reboot and enjoy