Google Nexus One
Google has started rolling out Android 2.3.6 update for Nexus One. You need to be on Android 2.3.4 GRJ22 right now to get this update. The current update will take you to GRK39F. Google has not released the official change-log but a one live statement about it – this update contains “important bug fixes and security patches.”
If you do not want to wait for the official OTA update, you can manually apple the update using the instruction given below.
- Download the update file (Mirror) (5.28 MB)
- Rename the downloaded file to update.zip
- Move the file to your SD card’s root
- Switch off your Nexus One
- Reboot by pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- Select Bootloader
- Select Recovery.
- The phone will reboot into recovery but first it’ll show an exclamation point and a triangle. Press the Power and Volume Up buttons at once until the recovery screen shows up.
- Select Apply sdcard update.zip, which should start the update process.
- Reboot and voila…