Samsung unveils TouchWiz UX update for Galaxy Tab 10.1
Samsung has released a major software update for Galaxy Tab 10.1 owners, the WiFi only version users will start getting the update over the-air beginning Friday, August 5.
This update brings Touchwiz UX along with Adobe Flash 10.3 and a revamped Media Hub for Tab users.
Samsung TouchWiz User Interface:
- Live Panel: Magazine-like widget view for immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, photo gallery, all on the home screen. The visual layout of Live Panel is completely customizable for one-touch entry into each user’s most important information.
- Mini Mode Tray: One-touch access to commonly used applications—Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator, Music—which overlay in a pop-up window on display screen for powerful multi-tasking.
- Clipboard: Advanced copy & paste functionality allows Galaxy Tab 10.1 users to store photos, Web pages, YouTube links, etc., on the clipboard for easy sharing via email and social network sites.
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off Wi-Fi, notifications, sound, brightness and settings in lower right hand corner of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 display.
- Photo Editor: Rotate, crop and adjust colors on high quality digital images
Samsung Media Hub:
Media Hub has been redesigned with a new user interface and optimized video content for the 10.1” display for even easier downloads and higher quality viewing experience of rented or purchased content. Users can register up to five devices under one account to access owned content across multiple devices without repurchase.
The software upgrade will also include Samsung’s Social Hub service, which aggregates email, instant messaging, contacts, calendar and social network connections into an integrated experience.
New Preloaded Apps:
Amazon Music Cloud Player, Amazon Kindle, Words with Friends, Swype
Enterprise Solutions and Services:
- Full support for Exchange ActiveSync version 14
- On device encryption
- Cisco VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Sybase MDM (Mobile Device Management)
- Cisco WebEx mobile conference solution for meetings on the go
Samsung Kies 2.0:
- Better device management: PIMS and multimedia data sync, firmware upgrades with file backup and wireless connectivity via WiFi and Bluetooth
- Powerful multimedia support: Integrated library for storing mass data and complex content files
- Faster performance: quick and seamless installation of Samsung Kies 2.0 delivers immediate access to file transfer process
In order to receive the update, you need to set up a Samsung account on their Galaxy Tab 10.1 by logging here.