New software update announced for 2011 Xperia phones
Along with the launch of Xperia Neo v, Sony Ericsson has also announced a new software update for all the Xperia series smartphones released this year. This update will bring Android 2.3.4 and some new features [details below] to these smartphones.
- Xperia smartphones to be upgraded to Android 2.3.4 including Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia functionality for enhanced like, share and discover abilities
- World’s first 3D sweep panorama functionality powered by Sony
- Ability to turn Xperia smartphones into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock multimedia station
- Swype input
- Native Screen capture – allows the user to share a screen grab from anywhere in the phone
This software upgrade will be available in select markets through a phased roll out starting from October 2011. Xperia owners will receive a notification instructing them to instantaneously download the software over the air. You will also have the option to get the update via PC companion.