Motorola Xoom Android 3.1 update coming tomorrow in India
Motorola India just announced that the Indian version of Xoom 3G and WiFi will be getting the Android 3.1 update starting tomorrow. Update will be pushed over-the-air, so your Xoom will get a notification window with the option to download the update immediately or at a later date. It can thereafter be downloaded manually by going to “Settings > About Tablet > System Updates.”
Update is 40MB in size. Other countries in Asia Pacific that will also be getting the same update include Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- It activates the SD card slot
- Improved multi-tasking providing instant visual access to a larger number of applications
- Resizable home screen widgets for Gmail, Calendar and Browser
- Both keyboard and mouse support, which allows simultaneous input for devices over Bluetooth® (in any combination)
- Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that connect over USB or Bluetooth
- Picture transfer directly from camera, so users can connect their cameras over USB and import their pictures to the Gallery with a single touch
- New high-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off
- Preloaded Adobe® Flash® Player, as well as File Manager.