LG Optimus 3D to launch exclusively on Optus Australia
Optus today announced that it will be launching its first 3D android smartphone LG Optimus 3D in the coming few days. Smartphone will be available for $0 up front on the Optus $59 Cap Plan from launch, and has a recommended retail price (RRP) of $799.
LG Optimus 3D comes with a dual core processor, Android 2.2, dual camera for 3D recording and a glasses free 3D display. Optus was vague about availability in the press release and stated early-July as the launch date, which means it should be available in stores sometime this week.
– 1GHz Dual-Core Dual-Channel processor (Texas Instruments OMAP4)
– 4.3-inch 3D WVGA screen
– 8GB memory , 512MB LP DDR2 RAM
– 1,500 mAh battery
– 2 x 5MP rear mounted cameras
– 2D: 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 recording and playback
– 3D: 720p H.264 SEI recording and playback
– HSPA+, DLNA/HDMI 1.4
– H.264, H.263, DivX, MKV, WMV-9, ASF, AVI, 3GP, MP4