Zinio launches Reader app for Honeycomb in Android Market
Zinio today announced that they are bringing their Newsstand app to Android 3.0 powered tablets and select FroYo and Gingerbread devices. These select devices include Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S II, Dell Streak, Motorola Atrix, T-Mobile G2x, T-Mobile G-Slate and they will come with it pre-loaded from today. Zinio will be making 18,000 magazine issues from all over the world to your tablet.
Features of Zinio App:
- Read full-color pages or text mode for simple reading.
- Sync your entire library easily with your computer and other supported mobile devices.
- Purchase full subscriptions for the best value, or buy single issues and find your new favorites
- Tablet-optimized library views including “stacks.”
- Thumbnail scroller.
- Hi-fidelity text rendering.
- Supports interactive capability — audio, inline video, hyperlinks and animation.
- International newsstand selector currently accessing 29 global newsstands, 30 languages.
- Magazines worldwide, published Canada, UK, Australia, Spain, France, Italy, Russia, Japan and more.
- Download queuing.
Some of the popular publications on Zinio:
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek, The Economist, HBR
- Maxim, Esquire, Car & Driver, Men’s Fitness, Outside
- Elle, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Nylon, Harper’s Bazaar, BlackBook
- Saveur, O: The Oprah Magazine, Dwell, Wine Enthusiast
- T3, Macworld, PC World, PC Gamer, X-Box World, Layers
- National Geographic, The Smithsonian, New Scientist, Science
- Vogue France, Esquire UK, Hola Mexico, GQ Japan
Free Magazines upon Download, through June 15:
AFAR, BlackBook, Cosmopolitan, ELLE DECOR, ELLE, ESPN The Magazine, Esquire, Food Network Magazine, Harpers Bazaar , Harvard Business Review, Home Theater, Juxtapoz, Marie Claire, Men’s Fitness, Men’s Journal, Motor Trend, O, The Oprah Magazine, Outdoor Photographer, Outside, Popular Mechanics, Road & Track, Robb Report, Rolling Stone, Seventeen and Us Weekly.