Expedia launches Hotel booking app ‘Expedia Hotels’
Popular travel solutions website Expedia has launches its Android Hotel booking app in the Android Market.
“Nothing is more intrinsically mobile than travel, which is why investing in mobile is a key part of our Expedia Everywhere business strategy,” said Scott Durchslag, president, Expedia Worldwide. “Whether it from be their mobile phone, their tablet, or their PC, Expedia customers can book the perfect trip from nearly anywhere, at any time.”
Expedia Hotels app automatically detects your location via GPS and suggests available hotels within close range. This Android app also lets you easily research and book hotels anywhere in the world, filtering by price, rating, distance or popularity.
- An interactive map view shows all hotels in the area, with a variety of sorting options.
- Hotel ratings are provided by TripAdvisor
- For each hotel, amenities and details have been beautifully summarized, complete with a vivid display of hotel images.
- Just four taps are required for a traveler to move from research to purchase.
- Once booked, travelers can tap for directions to the hotel and share their confirmation via email.
- The app is being released worldwide, with 20 local currencies supported.
App is not currently visible in the Android Market, but will be released in the couple of hours. We will post the direct link ASAP.