After almost six months of myTouch 3G getting Android 2.2, it is finally the number of its younger cousin myTouch 3G Slide.
Update is available via direct download from HTC, rather than being Over-The-Air. You will need HTC Sync 3.0.5511 for this update.
Download HTC Sync
What’s new in the update?
- Android 2.2.1 FroYo
- Wi-Fi calling
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- USB Tethering (Internet Sharing)
- Low storage (User Data) notification mechanism
- Resolves issues with text and picture messaging
- Resolves some Bluetooth compatibility issues
- Improves compatibility with new Bluetooth devices
- Improves stability and reliability of the device
- Other various minor bug fixes