Sony’s Honeycomb tablet coming in summer
Remember, we reported sometime back that Sony will launch a Honeycomb powered tablet. Well, now it is confirmed.
Sony Chief Executive Officer Howard Stringer told Nikkei that company has plans to release a tablet computer by the end of summer. He also stated that the tablet was released in US first.
According to previous rumor, the tablet will have the following specifications:
– Rotating screen UI, allowing for right- or left-handed use.
– 9.4-inch capacitive touch panel
– 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
– Tegra 2 processor
– Ront- and rear-facing cameras
– USB-A port
– Only physical buttons — volume and on / off — located on the edge of each indented side.
– “Q” (for Qriocity service) button
– IR port built-in to control devices other than Bravia TV.
– Front face finished in a high-gloss black
– Underside is a matte-silver color creating a nice contrast.