Samsung launches Nexus S in India for INR 30,400
Samsung has officially launched Google phone Nexus S in India. The smartphone is immediately available in the Indian market for an MRP of INR 30,400, but we have already seen online stores like Flipkart offering it for a price of INR 27,000.
The Indian version of Nexus S features a 4 inch Super Clear LCD, Android 2.3, 1 GHz processor, NFC, 5 MP rear camera and VGA front cam.
Manufactured by Samsung in partnership with Google, Nexus S comes with the plain vanilla build of Gingerbread and will get be the first to get Android updates until the next Nexus device is launched. It is also the first device to feature Near Field Communication hardware, which allow users to read and write NFC Tags. Consumers can also use their NFC enabled phones as wallets to pay bills by just showing their phones in front of payment modules, but it is currently not available in India.
Google Nexus S full specifications
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system
- 4-inch WVGA SCLD screen
- 1500 mAh battery
- 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC
- 512MB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, VGA selfie camera
- 1GHz single core Hummingbird processor with PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Dimensions: 123.9mm x 63mm x 10.9 mm; Weight: 129 grams