Samsung Galaxy S2 UK launch on May 1
Samsung has finally made Galaxy S2 release official in at least one country UK. The smartphone will be available starting May 1. Samsung Galaxy S2 will be available from all major networks and retailers in the UK.
Featuring 1.2 GHz processor, Galaxy S2 will come with 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, 8 MP rear-facing camera with 1080p video recording, front-facing camera, Android 2.3.
Simon Stanford, Managing Director, Mobile, Samsung UK and Ireland said: “From the moment it was revealed at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona there has been a huge buzz about the Galaxy S II, so we’re pleased to announce that it will be available for UK customers to buy from 1st May. Our slimmest, lightest, fastest smartphone is our first device to offer of Super AMOLED Plus screen technology, alongside the most advanced technical specifications including the latest Android OS and a dual core processor. We’re confident it’s a great package for anyone wanting a superior smartphone experience.”
Samsung Galaxy S2 full specifications
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system with TouchWiz user interface
- Software integrations like Social Hub, Music Hub, Readers Hub, Games Hub, as well as a number of enterprise features
- Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, NFC, 3G
- 1650 mAh removable battery
- 16GB of internal storage with microSD card slot (supports upto 32GB)
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 4.27-inch 480x800p Super AMOLED Plus screen
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash, 2MP selfie camera