Samsung Fascinate FroYo update now available; manual install instructions
Verizon has finally released the Android 2.2 update for Samsung Fascinate. This smartphone is one of last Galaxy S devices to get Froyo, as unlocked Galaxy S phone have already started getting Gingerbread.
Coming back to the update, it is available over the air, and you will soon get a notification on your Fascinate to download the update. [Instructions here]
If you don’t want to wait for the notification, you can download the following official update file and follow the instruction below to flash the update now.
- Download the file and rename it to update.zip.
- Copy it to Fascinate’s SD card.
- Reboot the phone and hold VolUp+VolDn+Power while booting it back up.
- You should see the Samsung logo. You can now let go.
- Now, you will reach in recovery. Use volume buttons to navigate and Home to select.
- Scroll down to Apply sdcard:update.zip and select it.
- Wait for the process to finish and you are good to go.