MTS launches its first Android phone MTS Pulse in India
Telecom operator is selling the smartphone for free on a one year agreement with INR 1500 postpaid plan. The plan comes with 1500 minutes, 1500 SMSs & 1500 MB data usage every month for 12 months. You can also buy the phone without any plan for INR 18,000.
MTS Pulse comes with Android 2.1 on-board, as HTC Hero never received Froyo, we are skeptical that even Pulse will never get an update.
MTS Pulse Specifications:
- Android 2.1 with HTC Sense
- Processor: Qualcomm® MSM7600™, 528MHz
- Internal Memory: 512MB ROM / 288MB RAM
- Display: 3.2-inch 320 x 480 HVGA Resolution Capacitive Touch Screen
- CDMA: Dual-band 800/1900MHz, CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEVDO rev. A
- Dimensions: 4.45” (L) x 2.19” (W) x .51” (T)
- Weight: 4.23 ounces
- Battery: 1300 mAh Li-on
- Talk time: 214 min
- Standby: 373 hrs
- Built-in Camera: 5.0 MP w/ Auto Focus