More spywares found breaching Android privacy
Android users – Beware! Two new spyware programs on Android devices have been detected. Named “SW.SecurePhone” and “SW.Qieting”, the spyware has the potential to cause serious privacy leakage.
Threats from SW.SecurePhone:
– Once installed, it runs in the background without any icon displayed.
– Monitors the phone and collects data (including messages, call log, location of the phone, recorded sounds and pictures) to save on the SD card.
– The data is then uploaded to a remote server every 20 minutes
– Distributed in the U.S through downloading from internet.
Threats from SW.Qieting:
– No icon displayed after installation
– Automatically forwards messages received to a monitoring phone