Epic 4G gets FroYo update
As expected, the Froyo update for Samsung Epic 4G commenced today. The Android 2.2 update will be delivered over the air (OTA) and expected changes include improved Bluetooth device support, Bluetooth voice dialing, Flash Player 10.1, GPS enhancements, improved OS performance and ability to install applications to external storage.
100% of devices (on DI18) will receive the update within 4 days.
– Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1)
– Ability to install applications to external storage
– Improved Bluetooth device support
– Bluetooth Voice Dialing
– Flash Player 10.1
– GPS Enhancements
– Improved OS performance
– Email PIN based authentication
– User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G
Update your software:
Software will be automatically downloaded to your phone
– A system update screen will prompt the user to ‘install now’ or ‘install later’
– If ‘install later’ is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update
– If ‘install now’ is selected, the phone will power off and back on to complete the software update
Check for updates
- Go to the Home screen
- Tap Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates >Update Android
- Your phone will automatically download and install any available updates. You may need to power your phone off and back on to complete the software update.