WebMD launches MedScape Android app
WebMD Health has today launched its Medscape from WebMD mobile Android app for smartphones and tablets. It can be downloaded for free from the Android Market
Medscape Mobile is the premier free medical reference, news and education app for healthcare professionals. “Medscape’s mobile apps provide the highest quality content for healthcare professionals whether on the go, or at the point of care,” said Dr. Steven Zatz, Executive Vice President, WebMD Professional Services.
- Fast drug reference database for researching prescribing and safety information on over 8,000 brand-name, generic and over-the counter (OTC) drugs, including herbals and supplements.
- Powerful drug interaction checker that quickly identifies interactions for a combination of up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements with detailed information from minor to contraindicated interactions.
- In-depth clinical reference and treatment guide with information on nearly 3,400 diseases and conditions, enhanced with 1000’s of images.
- Step by step instructions for more than 600 clinical procedures, many with video.
- Continually updated drug and clinical reference content via one-click, over-the-air updates, as well as off-line access to reference content, treatment guide and drug interaction checker for times when there is no Internet access.
- Daily professional medical news articles from Medscape Medical News across more than 30 specialties.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) covering hundreds of topics across more than 30 specialty areas.
- Professional directories with search and email capabilities for more than 460,000 physicians, 6,000 hospitals and 57,000 pharmacies are available on the Android.