Panasonic Viera Android tablet series announced at CES 2011
Panasonic marked its entry in tablets wars with the launch of its Android powered Viera tablet today at CES 2011. Viera will be available in three display sizes – 4inch, 7inch and 10 inches.
Company has planned this tablet to work as a companion to its Viera range to television to create a smart cloud based experience. Panasonic Viera will be available in global market later in the year.
Features of Panasonic Viera tablets:
(1) Enjoy IPTV services such as VIERA Connect* online video-on-demand and interactive services
(2) Use it intuitively as a “visual remote control” to operate TV including switching channels
(3) View sports scenes from different angles as a sub-screen
(4) Communicate via social network services (SNS) while watching TV
(5) Enjoy the advantage of e-commerce, ordering suggested items related to the TV contents by shopping online on the tablet
*VIERA Connect: IPTV service in VIERA televisions that offers a variety of contents and services easily accessible with the TV remote.
I think it is more of a Cisco’s Cius tablet competitor than any other consumer tablet available in the market.