Root Samsung Galaxy S with CF-Root Kernel
XDA member Chainfire has brought a simpler root tool for Samsung Galaxy S owners with JPx firmwares.
The new CF-Root kernel features:
– Superuser 18.104.22.168
– Busybox 1.15.3 or 1.17.1 (if not mentioned in the filename it is 1.15.3)
– “2e” recovery (can flash unsigned update.zip’s)
– Integrated fix for ClockworkMod’s nandroid (22.214.171.124)
As it is just a kernel not a ROM, so it does not wipe anything from your Galaxy S.
– Flash CF-Root-JPx-vX.X.tar (Files here) as PDA in ODIN, without repartition.
– Detailed Instructions:
- Unzip the attached CF-Root-JPx-vX.X.zip
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start ODIN
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Root-JPx-vX.X.tar
- Put your phone in download mode
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure repartition is NOT checked
- Click the START button
- Wait for the phone to reboot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practice!)
More details and original thread here.