HTC Wildfire FroYo update now available in India
HTC has released the Wildfire Android 2.2 update in India. It is available via the usual OTA method. You will receive a notification on your HTC Wildfire. You can download the update using 3G or over Wi-Fi.
But downloading the update over Wi-Fi is recommended, to avoid incurring data charges.
After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Build number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Build number). The new Build number after the update will be 2.25.720.1.
– Support for USB tethering
– Possibility of installing applications to SD card (if supported by the application)
– Native support for Activesync Exchange (email, contacts and calendar sync) and security policies
– Enhanced Camera application
– Enhanced Bluetooth support
– Speed and stability improvements
– Multiple keyboard languages
– WiFi Hotspot tethering