Facts about Android users [Info-Graphic – November 2011]
Recently, we celebrated the third birthday of Android. This smartphone OS has come a long way since then. It seems a nice time to get a look on what kind of people are buying Android phones, what are their activities on the phones.
Folks over Mobiclix took the pain to compile a few facts about the expanding Android userbase. Find the key findings and info-graphic below.
- 60% of Android users are under the age of 34
- 8% of Android users switched from an iPhone while 45% of Android Users say Android is their first smartphone
- Android users spend most of their time on Email (37%), Games (21%) and Maps/Navigation (8%).
- 46% of Android users prefer a touch screen over a physical keyboard
- Android users spend 1/7th of what iPhone owners spend on in-app gaming purchases
- Android users have an average of 17 apps on their phone vs 28 apps for iPhone users
- Twice as many Android owners than smartphone users will make a purchase or payment on their device each month
- The top 3 free games preferred by Android users are Angry Birds, Solitaire and Jewel