Android 2.1 update for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 series just got delayed; arriving Oct end
The wait for Xperia X10 series getting Android 2.1 just got more; Sony Ericsson today announced on their product blog that Xperia series of Android phone will start receiving the update from the end of October, which was earlier scheduled to arrive this month.
SE also stated that the update will be made available in a phased roll-out which means that different “kits” get the update at different times. It will take some additional weeks from end of October before all different kits have the new software available.
The much delayed update will bring Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 the HD recording feature, along with other improvements.
The key improvement to the Xperia X10 series are as following:
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
- Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
- New backup and restore application with extended content back up
- Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
- Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1