Dell Aero now available in US on AT&T
Dell has finally launched its Aero Android phone in United States, it was long due to arrive on AT&T. Dell Aero comes with a 3.5-inch touch screen and is available through Dell’s website for US$99.99 with a two-year mobile contract with AT&T and for $299.99 without a contract.
This launch makes Aero as the second mobile device announced by Dell with smartphone capabilities. Recently Dell started shipping its ‘Streak’ tablophone, which has a 5-inch screen.
On a disappointing front, Aero is based on Android 1.5. Which makes it almost obsolete considering Android 2.2 is out and 3.0 is due arrival soon.
DELL AERO SPECIFICATIONS:
· Android platform complete with Android Market and Dell user interface enhancements
· 3.5-inch (640 x 360p) capacitive multi-touch display with pinch-to-zoom functionality
· Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
· Tri-Band UMTS/HSDPA (850/1900/2100 MHz)
· WiFi + Bluetooth
· 2 GB* on board user accessible Micro SD with expandable memory available up to 32 GB*
· Full HTML Browser with Adobe Flashlite
· GPS/A-GPS navigation
· POP, IMAP, Webmail and Microsoft Active Sync E-mail