Chrome to Phone Extension & Application available now
Another feature announcement coming from Google for Android today is Chrome to Phone extension availability. The feature was first shown at the Google I/O 2010. Chrome to Phone is basically a Chrome browser extension which makes it handy to send information to your Android phone. This feature needs two things to work, one Chrome Browser extension and ‘Chrome to Phone’ application your Android 2.2 phone. Yes, it only runs on Android 2.2 or later.
With the help of this you can send applications, links, phone numbers, directions and more directly from your desktop browser to your phone.
More about the feature in quick demo by the developer himself. He made this in his spare time :P, Cool.
- Send browser links from Chrome to your phone.
- Google Maps links launch the Google Maps application on Android.
- YouTube links launch the YouTube application on Android.
- Selecting a phone number will automatically launch the dialer with the number populated.
- Selecting text on a Web page will copy the clipboard to Android (long press a text box to paste on Android).