RCom launches India's first CDMA Android phone 'Samsung Galaxy i899'
Reliance Communications and Samsung today launched India’s first Android-powered CDMA handset Samsung Galaxy i899. Samsung Galaxy i899 will offer speeds upto 3.1 Mbps to Reliance Mobile customers.
”The launch of Samsung Galaxy i899, Smart Phone, is in line with our strategy to offer next-generation services with unmatched voice clarity, hi-speed wireless data network access and ultra-fast application downloads on India’s largest and only nationwide CDMA mobile service to Reliance Mobile customers,” said Vrajesh Shelat, head of handset and data services, Reliance Communications, announcing the new handset.
Featuring a 3.2” AMOLED touch-screen, a 3.2 megapixel camera and expandable memory upto 32GB, Samsung Galaxy i899 will be selling for Rs 19,900.
Reliance Mobile customers upgrading to Samsung Galaxy i899 will get free data usage on Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ with a 10-GB speed for 1 month for prepaid customers and 15 GB per month for 2 months for postpaid subscribers.
- Display: 3.2” HVGA, 16M color, AMOLED with touch screen panel
- Camera: 3.2 Mega Pixel with Auto-focus and LED flash
- Connectivity : Bluetooth 2.1(HSP/A2DP) / WiFi / USB 2.0
- Memory: 230 MB built-in memory, expandable upto 32GB through microSD slot
- Battery: 1440 mAh battery capacity DivX Video Playback Supported
- Preloaded Apps : Android Market, Google Maps, Facebook, Gmail, Google Talk, MySpace, Orkut , YouTube Users can download and install various apps from Android Market