Russian company announces Android based navigation system
Android love for navigations systems is growing day-by-day, after the last year’s launch of Android based navigation system by a Chinese company, a Russian company named GlobusGPS has announced a new series navigators based operating system Android. The first GPS navigator of the new model range will be called GlobusGPS GL-850.
Features and specifications of GlobusGPS GL-850:
- Widescreen (16:9) touch screen, 5-inch diagonal, TFT, resolution 800×480 pixels, displaying more than 65 thousand colors.
- Operating System: Android 1.5 (kernel 2.6.27).
- Processor: Samsung S3C6410, 667 MHz
- GPS receiver: Sirf Star III, 20 channels
- Module WiFi 802.11g / b (54Mbps)
- Internal memory: 1024 MB
- Built-in Li-ion battery, 2000 mAh
- Polyphonic Speaker 1 Watt
- Built-in microphone
- Slot for micro SD cards up to 8 GB
- Google browser (Chrome Lite Web 2.0)
- Google mail, Gtalk, Push Gmail, RSS
- Android Market
- Audio, Video, Flash Player