HTC Legend officially announced; coming to Europe with Vodafone
As anticipated, HTC has finally launched its successor to the HTC Hero – HTC Legend – today at the Mobile World Congress. HTC Legend has a redesigned shape without the hard angles, and much of its casing has been made out of a single block of aluminum. The smartphone comes with a 3.2-inch HVGA capacitive touchscreen, and will be one of the company’s first smartphones with an AMOLED display on-board.
HTC Legend also packs a 600 MHz processor, which is faster than its predecessor. Other specs of the phone include 256 MB of RAM and a microSD memory card slot for additional storage. This HTC model will be a GSM phone with 3G support, Wi-Fi b/g, and Bluetooth 2.1.
In addition, this smartphone will include a 5 megapixel camera, 1300 mAh battery, 3.5 mm headset jack, compass, and G-sensor.
The new HTC Legend will be available in Europe through Vodafone and in the direct channel beginning in April. It will roll out to other parts of the world including Asia in early Q2.
HTC Legend full specifications
- 600 MHz processor
- Android 2.1 (Éclair) with HTC Sense
- ROM – 512 MB, RAM: 384 MB
- Dimensions – (LxWxT) 112 x 56.3 x 11.5 mm (4.41 x 2.22 x 0.45 inches)
- Weight – 126 grams (4.44 ounces) with battery
- 3.2-inch AMOLED screen with 320 X 480 HVGA resolution
- Onscreen navigation – Optical trackball
- GPS, G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Bluetooth 2.1 with FTP/OPP, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- 1300 mAh battery