Samsung has officially revealed its new rugged Android smartphone Galaxy Xcover 2 today. Similar to its predecessor Samsung Galaxy Xcover, the Xcover 2 is also optimized to endure against the most rugged outdoor conditions.
Although the Korean manufacturer has not revealed the availability or pricing details right now, a previous leak had suggested that Xcover 2 would be available starting next month.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 packs 1GHz dual-core processor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and 4-inch WVGA 800x480p display. The smartphone also features 5MP rear camera with auto-focus, LED flash, VGA front camera, 1GB RAM and 4GB of user memory. On the battery front, you will get a 1700 mAh battery.
Company claims that t Xcover 2 is perfect for explorers and it is water resistant to a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes (IP67 Certified). You can even take photos under water with the direct camera key.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 key specs:
- Network support: HSPA 14.4/5.76
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core
- Display: 4.0-inch WVGA(480 x 800) TFT
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: Rear- 5-megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash/ Front- VGA camera
- Music Player with SoundAlive
- 3.5mm Ear Jack
- Ruggedized Features: IP67 Certified, Battery cover lock, Strap holder
- GPS, A-GPS, Glonass
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, WiFi
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity
- Memory: 4GB User memory ? 1GB (RAM), microSD (up to 32GB)
- Dimension: 130.5 x 67.7 x 12 mm, 148.5 g
- Battery: Li-ion 1,700mAh