Devs at XDA always come out with some or the other goody and if you are a fan of Sony’s Xperia Launcher, they have one for you too. Ported from Xperia T, the Xperia Launcher is now available to install on any Android device running on Android 4.0.3+ (all ROMS).
The installation is pretty easy because all you have to do is just install an APK, however there is a catch. If you are running on ICS, you will need root access to get the grid-based interface. You can always get the list view on non-rooted phones.
Jelly Bean based devices users don’t have to worry about a thing.
Here are all the features of Xperia Launcher:
- User selectable number of home screens (up to 11) and default screen selection
- Customizable desktop and app drawer grid size (from 3 x 3 to 9 x 9)
- Infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer (significantly improved from previous (GB) version)
- Resizable widgets
- Hide apps from the app drawer (now does not hide them from the desktop and the dock)
- Swipe Up / Down gestures on the desktop
- Show / hide icon labels on the desktop, the dock and the app drawer
- Enable / disable app sharing on social networks
- Enable / disable tactile feedback (vibration)
- Icon packs support (load icons from: Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher and GO Launcher themes / icon packs)
- Backup and restore launcher settings
- Support for any resolution and any display density (custom DPI)
Grab the download the latest version of Xperia Launcher from the XDA Thread.Follow @androidosblog