The update is being rolled out right now in select regions and would reach other markets in the coming months. The update brings the Ice Cream Sandwich goodness as well few other neat features to Xperia P, check out the change-log below:
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications Company also revealed that Xperia U, Xperia sola and Xperia go are next in line to get the Ice Cream Sandwich update.
The current version of Android on Sony Xperia P is Gingerbread and the smartphone features 4-inch display, 1GHz dual-core processor and 8MP camera.
“It’s worth noting that in some cases, the software package may only be accessible via PC Companion or Bridge for Mac, instead of directly in the phone,” stated Sony on the official blog.Follow @androidosblog